some techniques college counselors along with other staff can protect the privacy of pupils (PDF, 621 KB) consist of:
- Maintaining files regarding incidents and reports in a locked file case all the time.
- Password protecting any software applications that is employed to record students’ reports.
- Obviously articulating the limitations of privacy to pupils.
- Limiting conversation about students’ status as victims or perpetrators in public places areas.
- Assisting pupils with developing plans for disclosure to moms and dads.